These policies are designed to help the student and their parents/guardians understand their responsibilities and the responsibilities of the Driving School.
Parent Policies The mission of the Louisiana Safety and Driving Academy is to provide a quality traffic safety education program to beginning drivers. To accomplish this we need parent involvement. Parents are given student driving practice sheet. Driving practice is the student’s homework and they need to practice driving what he/she has learned in driving school. ½ hour a day recommended. Parents are to keep a log of driving times and lessons practiced. 50 hours total before going to get license.
Enrollment Requirements Each student is required to be at least 14 years and 9 months of age, entering the 9th grade or higher and provide parental/guardian (domiciliary parent) authorization to be enrolled in the course.
Intermediate License Restrictions Parents are required to provide as much driving practice for their student as possible to reinforce the objectives learned in class and for maximum benefit of the students, Before being issued an intermediate driver’s license a teen must hold an instruction permit for at least 6 months, get at least 50 hours of supervised practice including 15 hours at night, and pass a traffic safety education course, teen intermediate drivers may not have any traffic violations within 6 months of applying for the license, and have no alcohol or drug offenses while holding an instruction permit.
1. Students are required to pay at least $100 down before they are allowed into the program. Balance of the fee is due on or before the end of the class session.
2. In the event of a returned check, a $40.00 fee will be billed to the parent/guardian of the student.
3. If a student starts the class and fails to complete the program original payment agreement is still valid.
4. Louisiana Safety and Driving Academy requires a current phone number at all times so they can help a student complete any missing information or requirements for completion.
1. Instruction will include 30 hours of classroom time; Students are expected to attend all 30 hours of classroom sessions.
2. Behavior: Students must come to class in appropriate attire.
3. Any student being disruptive, insubordinate, or an endangerment in any way to others or themselves will be excused from class and will be required to make that class up at another time. 3 attempts by teacher to correct behavior and a student will have to restart program at another time. Inappropriate behavior in parking area or common area can also cause student to be dismissed from program.
4. Graffiti, sitting on chairs inappropriately or misuse of any of the schools material or scratching name in tables, chairs, or in the common area will result in a $50 fine and/or suspension from class.
5. Intoxicated or drug induced condition will result in student being dropped from the course without tuition refund. The student will not be allowed to re-enroll.
6. Students must receive an 80% on all classroom work, and 70% on drives to pass. The official OMV written test will be administered at the end of each class at no additional charge. Students scoring below an 80% are able to re-test, but may not take more than 2 official OMV written tests per day. A minimum waiting period of 6 hours is required in-between testing. A fee of $20 is charged for each written test administered regardless of pass or fail grades.
7. No texting in class allowed. No Cell phones or MP3 player or any instrument or device that distracts the student from the instructor’s presentation are allowed. Instructor will remove offending item until end of class.
8. Students lessons will include videos on the Organ Donor program, and other film/media of traffic collisions and real life situations that may be sensitive and/or graphic in nature.
9. It is imperative that students pay attention in class. It is the students responsibility to learn the material presented. If the student fails to do and this results in his own injury or the injury of others, Louisiana Safety and Driving Academy and its instructors are not responsible for the actions of the student.
1. Students will receive 4 drives, two hours each for a total of 8 hours behind the wheel.
2. Drive times will be scheduled online after the student has passed the OMV written test. Drive time is vital to completion of course and cancellations are frowned upon. Parents need to practice with their student. Drives start at the student’s home unless the child resides outside of the Zachary Community School District. In this case, students are required to meet the driving instructor at the Driving School.
3. Please wear regular shoes for all driving appointments- no flip-flops or open-toed shoes. If wearing flip-flops or open-toed shoes, we must cancel the drive appt, and it will result in a $40 no-show fee.
4. Final drive is a test and must be passed with 80%.
5. Extra driving can be provided for students desiring extra instruction. The charge for extra driving sessions will be $60 per session
6. Drive Cancellation: If a student is unable to make a scheduled drive appointment, he/she must give 24 hour notice. If no notice is given for a missed drive, the student will be charged a $40 No Show Fee (NS Fee).
7. If a student is more than 20 minutes late, they will be charged as a no show.
8. If student misses 3 scheduled drives for any of the prior noted reasons ; student will be dropped from the class.
9. If Louisiana Safety and Driving Academy receives a ticket for running of red light, Student driving the car will pay the ticket.
10. A student who is involved in an accident will be terminated from the class. It is imperative that students pay attention to the instructor’s direction. If the student fails to do this and results in his own injury or the injury of others, Louisiana Safety and Driving Academy and its instructors are not responsible for the actions of the student. The student and parent acknowledge that they are responsible for all property damage caused by any accident.
11. Personal items left in vehicle or classroom are not the responsibility of Louisiana Safety and Driving Academy.
Copyright 2013. Louisiana Safety and Driving Academy. All rights reserved.